Change in HoursThe Library will be changing its hours temporarily due to the Covid pandemic and patron use beginning November 9th until February 27th. We will re-assess at that time and/or resume our regular schedule as of March 1st.
- Monday - 10-6
- Tuesday - 10-8
- Wednesday and Thursday - opening at 10:00 am and closing at 6:00 PM
- Friday - 10-6
- Saturday - 10-5
The Friends of the Sharon Public Library are accepting Books only which can be dropped off at the Sharon Shaw's Plaza in the book collection bins. Donation guidelines
For more information please see friendsofsharonpubliclibrary.org
Now introducing... Creativebug!Sharon Public Library is pleased to offer a new database to our cardholders: Creativebug, which offers thousands of arts and crafts workshops by top artists and designers, plus downloadable recipes, patterns, and more!
Find your next project and get crafting today by visiting our Consumer & Home Arts databases page!
Temporary Remote Access to Ancestry.com!
Instructions: Follow the link (above) and log in using your Sharon Public Library card number and PIN ('ocln' is the standard assigned PIN for SPL cards). You will be redirected to a page connected with our catalog. Click on the Ancestry.com logo under the words "Access Ancestry." Only Sharon residents will be able to access this service. If you have questions or need help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Ask a Librarian function.
Online & Remote Access Tools Through SPLIf you are practicing social distancing, self-isolation, or simply exercising due caution, the Library can help you stay connected and safe through our online and remote access tools:
- Overdrive and its corresponding free app, Libby, allow users to borrow and read or listen to e-books and e-audiobooks on their computers, phones, tablets, or other devices. Get started on your computer by visiting Overdrive and signing in using your library card and PIN (the standard PIN is "ocln"); or by downloading Libby onto the device of your choice for free.
- RBdigital Magazines gives patrons free access to new and back issues of dozens of popular magazines. To use this service, visit RBdigital Magazines and sign in or make a free account. Or, download the RBdigital app (Apple, Android, Kindle Fire).
- The New York Times is available for free online. To access it, visit the Library's catalog and click "New York Times" on the left-hand sidebar. Click "Redeem" next to the digital access code provided, then sign in or create a free account. When your code runs out after 72 hours, simply get a new one by following this process again.
- Hoopla provides limited streaming access to movies, TV shows, e-books, e-audiobooks, and more. Access it through the hoopla website or by downloading the hoopla app (Apple, Android) and sign in or create an account using your library card number. Please note: SPL has a limit of 2 borrows per month for hoopla users.
Still stuck after that? Contact our Reference Team through our Ask a Librarian tool.
Would you like to hear about bestsellers, movies, music, and audiobooks almost as soon as they arrive here at the library? We are excited to offer free Wowbrary email alerts that showcase our newest items each week.